Followers

Monday, January 12, 2009

365/12 January 12-2009

This clock is over in the Sunset area. I've seen it many times, it's close to where we go to Starbucks to grab coffee or to Grandma Tobbler's for Paul to munch down his favorite fruit filled cookies. I was wondering today why this clock pulls me and I think it's because it makes me think of the clock on downtown Commerce Avenue in my hometown of Longview Washington. It doesn't look anything like my hometown clock it's just the idea of it I guess. When I'm home nexttime that will be a photo I will have to take, some mementos of the things I grew up with the landmarks that marked my life. Buildings, bridges, clocks all these things we so take for granted but become a part of us. Like the elevator that my friend and I would ride up and down in in the old Myklebust Building, elevators were far and few back then. I sound ancient but so much is so modern today we forget how simple things were in the late 50's and early 60's.

No comments:

A Birth Certificate shows that we were born --- A Death Certificate shows that we died --- Pictures show that we lived!