Followers

Sunday, March 29, 2009

365/86 Sunday March 29, 2009

Rock Squirrel at Kolob Canyons
OK so I know this is overkill with all the pics of this little guy but he just posed so sweetly for me. Talk about Chubby! and not the least bit afraid of us. I know my Grandkids will love these pics so I had to post them all! I thought the markings around his eyes were very interesting. The Canyons are also home to mule deer (usually in the winter) and usually at night (thank goodness) are bobcat, mountain lions, coyotes, gray foxes, and skunks (d0n't miss the smell of these guys). Luckily we didn't see any of these, although the mule deer would have been a welcome site. I wonder how hard they would be to spot, I would think they'd blend right in with their surroundings. We both remarked how few birds we saw, a few big ones were circling I would say ravens. There have also had sitings of hawks, golden and bald eagles as well.





No comments:

A Birth Certificate shows that we were born --- A Death Certificate shows that we died --- Pictures show that we lived!