Followers

Thursday, February 19, 2009

365/48 Thursday February 19 -2009



Over the next few days I may be posting a series of photos instead of just one. After looking at the photos I got I just couldn't narrow it down to one a day.

We went to the one of the original historic
parts of St George around Main street where artists have donated these beautiful pieces of art.

Called "Art Around the Corner" it's a beautiful display of sculpture.


There are a lot of art galleries along main street and many buildings date back to the 1800's. If you come to visit make sure you take a right on 100 North and see the historic buildings there.







Many are on loan and are for sale, some will remain for just a period of time for the communities pleasure and others have been donated to the city for the
public's viewing for as long as the city wishes to display them.


This first set was a depiction of
two children on a bike, the detail is amazing. I tried to get enough shots so you could really get a feel for the detail in the face, feet and hands as well as everything else. Beautifully done, I'll be on the lookout as some are replaced with new ones. I'm sure we've missed some that hopefully I'll find as time goes on.


I think the artist has really captured the essence of youth here. I hope if you visit our community you'll have time to take a walk in the sunshine and enjoy the talent of the area.







Take a look at these tennis shoes and the bike, looks real doesn't it?





Southern Utah has surprised with how many unique things they have, St George itself was recently listed as one of top places to visit in the nation.

There are a lot of art galleries along main street and many buildings date back to the 1800's. If you come to visit make sure you take a right on 100 North and see the historic buildings there.




This last photo shows a close up of this little foot in the background. So precious

1 comment:

Barbara said...

This is a wonderful post Patti. I really like the effect you put on the second photo, with the background seeming to rush by. I just learned how to do that yesterday, but I probably forgot already. We have very similar statues in our shopping mall. They are really something to see. hugz

A Birth Certificate shows that we were born --- A Death Certificate shows that we died --- Pictures show that we lived!